Our number one job is to grow by helping other businesses grow. By helping business owners realize their dreams and get online painlessly, we help build strong and thriving local communities. We also make getting online fun: we promote ease of use, getting passionate about your business, and making your website into a valuable piece of your business operations instead of a chore.
There is a lot more to community however than for-profit business. Non-profit groups and community events are critical pieces for a successful world and economy, and we believe in helping out. With that in mind, Goozmo has donated more than $30,000 in service and expertise over the last two years to a number of important community organizations and events. These include:
- Colorado Beagle Rescue – www.colobeaglerescue.org – rescuing beagles in trouble and placing them in permanent, loving homes.
- Colorado Conservatory for the Jazz Arts – www.jazzarts.org – supporting, preserving, and growing jazz as an art form serving students through professional musicians.
- Colorado Homestead Art Show – www.homesteadartshow.com – dedicated to preserving and promoting the tradition of Western and Colorado-style fine art.
- DART Defense – www.dartdefense.org – dedicated to community violence prevention training.
- Boulder Small Business Development Center – www.bouldersbdc.org – helping small businesses thrive through training, counseling, and resource networks.
- Downtown Denver Arts Festival - www.downtowndenverartsfestival.com - supporting and showcasing over 125 of Colorado's best artists every Memorial Day to more than 150,000 attendees.
- IEEE Denver Section – www.ieee-denver.org – Rocky Mountain regional section of the world's leading professional association for the advancement of technology.
- JazzFest Denver - www.jazzfestdenver.com - a major annula fundraising event supporting the activities of Colorado Conservatory for the Jazz Arts while providing the community great jazz from local and national artists.
- Access Counseling - www.accessboulder.org - SWING sponser for Access Rocks: An All Star Dance Event, on June 6th, 2009.
- Boulder Youth Body Alliance - Goozmo production on the NEW BYBA site begins shortly! Check out their upcoming Great Jeans Giveaway on May 16th, 2009 at 29th Street Mall from 10:00 am to 5:00pm! The goal is to encourage everyone to be comfortable in their genes by wearing comfortable jeans! All donated jeans go to the National Pediatric Aids Network and made into quilts for kids with HIV/AIDS.
- The Goozmo team also volunteers to help keep Colorado beautiful by cleaning up our adopted stretch of Boulder County highway.